Emergency Room Wait Times Statistics for Howard County General Hospital
This page is about waiting time at emergency room in Howard County General Hospital. Here you will see hospital contact information and some detailed ER statistics along with comparison to State and National level. This hospital is located at 5755 Cedar Lane in Columbia, MD. It is a Voluntary non-profit – Private Acute Care Hospital. Hospital Emergency Room Volume is Not Available. Call (410) 740-7890 to get up-to-date information regarding contact details and your situation.
CALL 9-1-1 When you feel your situation needs emergency care.
5755 Cedar Lane, MD 21044
||Acute Care Hospital
||Voluntary non-profit – Private
Howard County General Hospital Location Map
ER Wait Times for Howard County General Hospital
Time Spent in ER
4 hours and 13 minutes (253 minutes)
Time Until Admission
7 hours and 17 minutes (437 minutes)
Time Spent in ER after admission
3 hours and 9 minutes (189 minutes)
Left before being seen
Head CT results in 30 minutes
ER Wait Times - Comparison Against Maryland and National Stats
||Howard County General Hospital
|Time Spent in ER
||253 minutes (4 hours and 13 minutes)
|Time Until Admission
||437 minutes (7 hours and 17 minutes)
|Time Spent in ER after admission
||189 minutes (3 hours and 9 minutes)
|Left before being seen
|Head CT results in 30 minutes
Hospital wait times summary:
- Time Spent in ER is 51 minute higher than State Average and 118 minutes higher than National Average
- Time Until Admission is 59 minutes higher than State Average and 181 minute higher than National Average
- Time Spent in ER after admission is 42 minutes higher than State Average and 102 minutes higher than National Average
Howard County General Hospital ER Wait Times Charts
Time Spent in ER (minutes)
Time Until Admission (minutes)
Time Spent in ER After Admission (minutes)
Left before being seen (%)
Head CT results in 30 minutes (%)
In Case of Emergency
Call 911 When you feel your situation needs emergency care.
Structural Measures Information
|Able to receive lab results electronically
|Able to track patients’ lab results, tests, and referrals electronically between visits
|Safe surgery checklist use (outpatient)
|Patient Safety Culture
|Safe surgery checklist use (inpatient)
Frequently Asked Questions about Howard County General Hospital
5 Emergency Rooms/Hospitals Near Howard County General Hospital
- Data mainly compiled using Medicare Hospital Compare Dataset. Hospital profile page can be reached at https://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/.
- This page is based on Hospital Compare data which was last updated on Oct 30, 2019.
- Measure start and end dates for above statistics are between 1/1/2017 and 12/31/2018.